Tuesday, April 29, 2008

stupid VAN!

Well we had a great adventure yesterday. We sold our car over the weekend and we used the money from it to buy Bills dads truck. Well Bill was a little excited so he insisted on going the FIRST day that we could. So we made the trip to his partents house yesterday to pick it up. Not a big deal we hadnt been up to see them in a while so we got sydney out of school and met them for lunch and spent the afternoon with them.

We were on our way home, I was driving the van full of kids (of course, i did want my children alive when i got home and with dad u never know... his patients in the car drys quickly) and bill was driving the truck behind me. I had not been feeling the best all day so he was following close behind me incase i needed to pull over. I get a call from him on my cell "pull over on this exit now, ur leaking something bad". GREAT! I made it to Big O tires, but barely. We open up the hood and there is antifreeze splashed all over the hood and all of the engine!!! GREAT! Anyway, we find out its the stupid water pump AGAIN...the exact same big o fixed it for us 2 years ago! I was thinking "if u think ur goin to fix it again ur crazy, we'll go somewhere else". But then bill comes out and tells me it is under lifetime warranty. So we just have to pay for the labor..... But it has to sit at Big o for a week and a half until we can make it back down to get it!!! GGGGRRRR!

The best part is still coming, please dont stop reading! All day long i had been having contractions, and they didnt feel like the normal braxton Hicks u usually get about this far along. They felt very much like the real thing, very painful. I was trying to ignore them or at least try not to make it look so bad, but once we got to big O i had had it, i wasnt pretending i was ok anymore. As i started paying more attention to them i noticed they were only 2 minutes apart! GREAT! Almost exactly 2 minutes, I was feeling it in my back, my lower stomach....everywhere ur not supposed to this early. And as i was sitting there thinking about the day and when they really started i realized they started the minute we got in the van that morning. And the more i thought about it the more i realized they had been about that consistant all day, i was just in denial. So then I start to get pretty worried, We just drove past the hospital i wanted to go to, and if we go all the way home its an hour to get back to that hospital. but at the same time, am i just getting a little too worried. AAAHHHH........ we got home, and they continued till about 11 when they started to go every 6 minutes, then 10. Until around 1230 it had gotten mild enough that i could sleep. Then i woke up this morning and noticed MY BELLY HAD DROPPED! It has never happened to me this early.... i guess the contractions did something, but at least the baby is still in its toasty warm place. ANYWAY..... theres my drama for the day.

2 comments:

Travis and Mindy Tilley said...

Hey keep me posted on those contractions, thats scary. Try to relax. . .all the advice I am sure you have heard and don't need hearing again. Let me know what's happening and I will be praying for you. Love you!

Amanda said...

Keep us posted!! Love you guys!