Saturday, April 26, 2008

No mommy ur the elephant!

well i knew it wouldnt take long for my kids to do or say something that would be blog worthy! We were sitting at dinner tonight and as always the kids are talking about cartoon characters and which one they are going to pretend to be. So Austin decided the pick for the night was Horton Hears a Who, and he wanted to be horton. Ally wanted to be the mommy kangaroo, Sydney was the Mayor, and Dad was the Volture..... Everyone was asking me who i wanted to be. I said i was the Who... they didnt like that answer and all 3 of them just staired at me. Then Ally Gets this "AhHa" look on her face and says "No mommy ur the elephant cuz ur real fat!" I look over at Bill who is laughing inwardly so hard hes dang near chocking on his food. Then i look back at ally and she has her belly stuck out and is rubbing it..... "yep ur the elephant cuz your belly is real fat!". Well that made me feel a little better knowing that she was talking about my baby belly, but u still have to wonder.

We created a new cleaning method today we'll see how it works. The kids have 3 jobs each day and every 3 days we change jobs. If they do their job without being told they get a smily face for the day. And with those smily faces they can earn things. For example ally wants a littlest pet shop stuffed animal, so i told her she has to earn 28 smily faces to get it. So in reality she has to do her jobs well for 28 days to get it, and if it is done poorly or if i have to tell them to do it I will cross one of their smily faces off. I got this idea from one of my new neighbors, and the kids are always asking for everything in the store when we go shopping... so now i can tell them they can use their family bucks (aka smily faces) to get it.

3 comments:

The Leavitt Family said...

Kids say the funniest things! Your blog was hilarious, my husband and I got a good chuckle from it. I could just picture your face. You should post a prego picture for me to see. Hope all is well, it was great talking to you the other night!

Amanda said...

BJ Has a chore chart, which is broken in to 4 categories based on the time of day. If she moves all the cards to the done pile she gets a little ice cream and an extra story before bed. Seems to work out well.

Elida Lou said...

Ha! That was Grrrr-8! Kid's are fun. Have another. Oh, wait...you are! ;-) Name idea: Memphis
See ya'll soon!