Monday, June 30, 2008

lazing on a Monday afternoon!




Boy did we have a day of exploring today! The day started with Zachary wanting to eat every half an hour.... u know the 2 week growth spurt. Since i was a little disabled sitting on the couch Sydney decided i needed a snack to keep me busy so she peeled an orange and put it in wedges (smashed ones) then she got me a carrot and decided it needed to be peeled and cut up. I asked her what knife she was using..... "the small one mom" and shows me the steak knife! I kept my cool and just let her continue, she brings me the plate, the carrots were cut up so small i almost couldnt pick them up. Not 5 minutes later she comes out of the kitchen with some drink concoction that she made, holy cow was it sweet "ya mom i put lots of honey in it" thats what i get when i let her watch the food network with me!

Then the next thing u know she is in the bathroom making her sisters hair "messy pretty" ally said it was just messy, but Sydney insisted other wise. After that we had a little down time before she started her frenzy again.

She insisted on a lemonade stand..... today..... i asked her to wait until tomorrow since zachary was eating all day long, but to no availe.... she wanted it today. She got her sign made that reads "coolead stand" .50. She made 5.00 and is planning it for the next 500 days!!!!!! I fear i have created a monster!!! and its all because i let her watch the food network with me on sunday!!!! I hope all our summer days are not quite this "creative" as it leaves alot to be cleaned up!!! However it is nice to see her taking an interest in cooking..... maybe one day she will want to do the dinners by herself.


OOhh before i forget.... Allyson wanted in on the fun of the stand so she opened her own.... the "Drum stand". She was sitting next to Sydney playing her "drums" or as we would call them pan lids! i dont think she made any money, but its the thought that counts right!?! She was being "creative" too!











1 comments:

The Welling Family -- said...

This is way too funny! One of those days you want to forget, but later are glad you blogged so you can remember. And the post about the fishing adventure with daddy is a classic outing story with a dad. I came home last Saturday from Utah and my oldest son's hair was completely buzzed off.