Friday, June 13, 2008

Bill's First Blog

Well, Julie is the one that usually does the blogging for the family, but I am working the midnight shift at the Detention Center and have just about ran out of stuff to do before we wake up the inmates for the day, so I thought I would add one and see how it goes!


Well, things continue to roll right along up here in the great city of Evanston, Wyoming. Have you heard the song by Vanessa Williams "Saved the Best for Last"? Well there is a part in it where she says, "sometimes the snow comes down in June". That is exactly what happened the other day. We woke up to a nice powder blanket of snow. It didn't last which was okay with us. Our grass is almost to tall to mow in one sweep. I have never had greener grass though!! It has been really cool lately, hopefully summer comes soon! Crazy weather! I guess they were right, you don't need central air conditioning in Evanston, it never gets too hot to have it!!

Only a couple more days until the new little rascal joins the family. Monday the 16th is the day. Hopefully Julie can last that long!! She is so ready to be done being pregnant! I think that we have the name set, Zachary David Burns. I kinda like Thomas for a middle name, but David is a family name from both our sides of the family (so is Thomas). To think we had nine months to come up with a name and here we are less than a week and still deciding. Who knows, when he gets here, he might not look like his name, we'll see I guess.

I am now the new Taser Instructor for the Sheriff's Department here in Evanston. I spent part of last week up in Missoula, Montana getting certified. For those of you wondering, no I did not have to get tased to become certified. I have been tased twice before, once down in Utah with the M26 Taser, and once up here with the X26 Taser. Tell you what, 5 seconds is a long time when you ride the Taser!! Now I get the pleasure of tasing our new officers who get certified to use the Taser. Although you don't have to be tased to carry it, our department requires it. Once you do it, you know how all those idiots in the YouTube videos feel when the cops tase them.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

I was gonna vote for Zachary Taylor Burns, but I like David I guess that'll do.

The Leavitt Family said...

Love that Bill is getting into the blogging. Wish Derrick would! Good luck on Monday! Can't wait to see a post with a picture of little Zachary!

The Welling Family -- said...

Way to go Bill! Now all you have to do is tell my husband Paul blogging is not hard to do. It's good to get two perspectives.